Pages

Wednesday 29 August 2012

Aquisitions of the vintage kind

I have been picking up a few goodies at the thrift stores in Wales and in my local town so i thought i would share it with you all!

Firstly i picked up this gorgeous lilac cardi. Unfortunately its not vintage but i think i can pair it with some other pieces to give it some 50's flare.


I also picked up this simple red, wool jumper. I thought it would go great with some capi's or a skirt. We're getting into the autumn months and the weather here in England is cooling down so i thought i should be looking for some warmer clothes.


Whilst in Wales i went to a small, independent fabric shop where that had an amazing range of vintage patterns at just £2.50 each! A steal for some lovely patterns and i couldn't resist getting these treasures:

This is a 70's summer dress with a collar. I thought this would make a good sailor dress maybe navy blue with white. Perhaps something a little funky, i saw some fabric with some Russian dolls on that was so fun!


This is a gorgeous 60's wiggle dress. I thought it was a bit Jackie Kennedy and i couldn't contain myself and had to get it.


 The last but not least this 70's shirt dress. I thought it was such a versatile pattern i will serve for both winter and summer dresses.


Let me know what gems you guys have found in your local thrift stores lately!

Hugs and Kisses
Ana
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment