My lovely mum handed down some recipes to me and i would like to share one of those with you guys. Trust me my mums recipes have never failed me yet, not even at baking!!!!!
So for this recipe you will need:
- 225g Self raising flour
- 55g butter, softened
- 25g caster sugar
- 100g milk
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 220 o C and grease a baking sheet.
- In a bowl mix together the flour and salt. Add the butter and rub together with your hands so that it looks like bread crumbs. This is why it is important to use softened butter at room temperature as it makes it easier to mix.
- Add the sugar and milk. Stir together until it makes a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead very lightly.
- Pat the dough out into a round about 2cm thick.
- Use a cutter to stamp out your scones (if you have one, if not i found a glass works just fine). Place on your baking sheet.
- Brush the tops with either a little butter or milk for a nice glaze on the top. Your scones should look little like this:
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes untill golden brown and well risen.
Let me know if you try this recipe out for yourselves and how your scones turned out. Also whats your favorite addition to add to this recipe to make your favorite type of scones.
Hugs and Kisses