Pages

Friday 9 November 2012

'Tis (almost) the season to be jolly!

source

The Christmas season, ladies and gents, is almost upon us and with the shops hanging their decorations and supermarkets displaying all their delicious treats we must think about gifts for our loved ones. I love buying gifts for people but as i have got older i am finding myself bored with the samey gifts that you tend to buy and intent on finding fun things to surprise my nearest and dearest. Christmas is an extremely busy time for me as it is for everyone so i think its best to get started now and not find yourself scrambling on Christmas eve for your last few items. Trust me i have been there and done that and i am NEVER doing it again haha.

Personally i find that the gifts that make the biggest smiles Christmas morning are with a homemade touch that you cant find anywhere else and that are unique. This can come in many forms from a gift tag made especially with a friends name on it, something like this:

source

Or a fully handmade, totally original item like this:

source

It obviously depends on the confidence you have to make something your proud of and that someone who is special to you will cherish.  

This can also apply to your home decoration aswell. I, as most vintage girls, like a slightly mismatching but ultimately put together home. This is often due to the fact that i am always buying vintage bits and bobs and very rarely do you find a matching set of something haha. So you can tie in your love of vintage and crafts and make items that can be decorations for your home or others. I most certainly will turn my hand to some decoration this year.
If your a dab hand with a sewing machine how about some Christmas banners, an advent calender or even stockings like these:

source
source
If your forte is in the kitchen how about some preserves, pickles or delicious treats for Christmas day:

source

If your a crafty creature maybe you could make some gorgeous flower accessories or jewelry:

source

I am so looking forward to getting started with my homemade Christmas treats and my special Christmas outfit. Let me know if you lovelies are making anything special for Christmas this year i would love to hear what you guys are up to.

Hugs and Kisses
Ana
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment