Guess what guys??? The lovely ladies over at Brentwood Lane Vivian, Viola and Vera surprised me with the Liebster Blog award!!! I was so excited i did a little dance around my room haha
I just love reading the answers to the questions they were asked and it's so nice of them to spread the love and share some blogs that they like to read too.
So on with their questions for me:
1. Why did you decide to create a blog?
I decided to start my blog because i wanted to share my sewing creations and other vintage passions. I am a big fan of YouTube but i love writing so much that i thought the blog was the way to go. I found so many wonderful other bloggers who are interested in the same things that i am so i thought why not create something that others will want to read and that i enjoy writing.
2. Do you have any friends who share the same passion for vintage?
I have one friend in particular that i can say truly shares my passion for vintage. She like to trail the vintage shops for bargains just as much as i do and likes so chat on about hair, makeup and clothes over a cuppa served in a cute china cup haha. People are always curious about the clothes i wear or the hairstyles i use asking how did you manage that? etc. The town i live in does have a vintage community but i have yet to meet anyone.
3. What decade first drew you into dressing vintage?
I have always had an interest in vintage but never fully embraced purchasing and wearing vintage until a few years ago. I am a lover of the 40's and 50's most definitely. The silhouette that the clothes from these eras makes really accentuates a womans curves in all the right places. For me, 40's and 50's suit my shape the best and make me feel great when i'm wearing it.
4. Before you embraced vintage what was your style?
Before i embraced vintage style i dabbled in all sorts. I never really was one to follow trend and i was always a little bit of a surfer/rocker chick. I still like a bit of the music now and again to reminisce but you could usually find me in jeans or a little tartan skirt and a band t-shirt but never really got into the scene fully, i guess there was that vintage glamour puss just trying to get out haha.
5. Besides wearing vintage styled clothes do you also watch old movies and listen to vintage music? If so what is your favorite movie and artist/genre?
I do! I love nothing more than to cuddle up under a duvet and put on an old movie. I have so many films i love to watch again and again. hmmm...lets see... I love everything with Audrey Hepburn in. She is the quintessential vintage icon but i have had a love affair with her films for a long time. I really couldn't pick a favorite but at a push i would have to say either My fair lady or Roman holiday. She is just a dream to watch.
In terms of my musical taste, lets just say it eclectic. I do love vintage music again mainly from the 40's and 50's although i do listen to jazz from time to time. My favorite vintage music is swing. I wish i could swing dance but i haven't found a class i can go to in my home town yet.
6. What is the oddest vintage recipe you've tried, want to try, or seen someone else try?
I suppose the oddest recipes are the wartime ones. With a waste nothing attitude that everyone adopted during the war, recipes emerged that used all parts of an animal. So i think if i were to try something it would be a stew or hotpot of some sort. Although just thinking about eating brains or tripe sends my stomach flipping haha.
7. What is your favorite place to shop for vintage inspired or authentic vintage clothes?
I love to shop for vintage inspired clothing online. There aren't many places outside of London where you can purchase reproduction clothing. I find a lot of inspiration for items i want to have a go at making on these websites as i haven't got the budget for anything at the moment. For true vintage items i love nothing better than going into local thrift shops or vintage shops. I love trawling through everything to hopefully find that key item that missing from my wardrobe at just the right price!
8. What has been your most exciting find?
My most exciting finds have got to be my vintage sewing patterns. I love every single one whether bought online or stumbled across in a shop i love them all. Working with vintage patterns allows me to get the right look in the style and fabric that i want without being aware that i have to be careful what i am doing as i'm wearing vintage. Plus i get the added enjoyment of working on a project and having a beautiful, one of a kind piece to add to my wardrobe and when people ask me about it i can say i made it!
9. What is your favorite vintage hair style? (Either describe it or insert a picture).
My favorite vintage hairstyle has got to be a curled shiny set of locks, it is simple but effective. You can dress it up with a flower, a dazzling diamante clip or you can pop a vintage hat on and look like a glamour puss. Or wear it day to day with the right styling and makeup you can look vintage fabulous in no time.
10. If your life was adapted into a vintage movie, what actor would you want to play you?
I think i would either Elizabeth Taylor or of course miss Hepburn (as if i could resist haha) As a brunette I will stick to the dark and lovely ladies.
11. Do you use vintage terminology and/or slang?
I say oh gosh! quite a lot and i call people darling quite a bit but that's about it i think haha
I would like to nominate:
If you are given the award:
1. Link and follow the blogger who awarded you.
2. Blog about the award.
3. Give the award to 5 other bloggers, preferably with less than 200 followers.
4. Answer the 11 questions we ask and give 11 of your own to the bloggers you award
Here are my questions for you all:
- Do you share your passion for vintage with anyone you know? (friend or relative etc)
- What is the most treasured item in your wardrobe whether handmade or bought?
- What decade inspires you most and why?
- Do you wear vintage daily or for special occasions?
- Do you prefer vintage, retro reproduction or a mix of the two?
- If you could invite any 3 people dead or alive to your tea party who would it be?
- What is your all time favorite vintage movie?
- If you could play a character from any old movie who would you be?
- If you could only have 5 key pieces in your wardrobe what would they be?
- What are your 5 vintage styling must haves? (Can be hair, makeup or clothing and accessories)
- have you been to any vintage festivals, Goodwood revival, Viva rockabilly weekender etc. If you have what was your experience of them; if you haven't are there any you would like to go to in the future?